I’ve been writing for years – but in the very narrow field of law that I practiced in. All my articles, posts and even blogs posts were typically practical applications of law for those chosing to move internationally. Although I tried my hand a couple of times at blogging, I didn’t spend the time working on getting my blog going and I certainly didn’t know how to join a blogging community.
A few months ago, all of that changed! Quite, by accident, a friend shared a post from a blogging community and I followed it, and started connecting with people whose existence I had overlooked for the past ten years!
Now, I find myself making new friends and connections, and discover that the blogging community is much more supportive than I could ever have imagined!
I am grateful and humbled!
And so, with this, came a nomination this week for the Sunshine Bloggers Award. In fact, not one nomination, but TWO! Both on the 6th of August! I was nominated by:
This is really quite simple: first, I thank the person (in my case, two) that nominated me, and then I nominate and pass on the award to 11 bloggers that I consider fit the criteria. This is a fantastic way that we recognise bloggers who may otherwise fly under the radar, unnoticed.
Additionally, the person that nominated me has given me 11 questions to answer, which I will do below. I will then come up with 11 questions that those nominated by me are to complete and post when they nominate their bloggers!
Gratitude & Appreciation
I want to acknowledge and say a big thank you to both Brenda West and Denise Gardener for considering and nominating me for this award! I hope you will check out both of their blogs and share with others one of their posts that inspires you.
11 Questions that I should answer:
- What is your writing inspiration? Wow… that’s truly difficult. Sometimes it’s a conversation, a meme or a quote. Other times I feel like I just get “a download” from the Divine. And yet, other times, it’s simply hard work of time put in because I chose a topic that was difficult.
- Are you a sports fan? If so what sport & team? I’ve been a fan of Liverpool ever since I can remember. I found out in my 30s that this was because when I was 4 1/2 years old, my grandad took me to a Liverpool match and I got my first scarf! I didn’t see my grandad again until I was well into my 20s, because we lived overseas. Been a fan ever since, and I never knew why!
- If you had one wish, what would it be? Cheaper airfares – that world travel would not cost so much!
- Are you a full-time writer/blogger? Not quite – although I hope to make it so. I have used lawyering to finance my blogging. And I now use coaching to finance my writing. I hope that eventually I can coach simply because it gives me great pleasure to participate in another person’s transformation and simply depend on the writing and blogging for my income stream!
- What is your favorite music? Hard rock – but I love ballads and salsa, merengue, and classical music.
- If you could travel in a time machine where would you go? So many places and times… wow! Where to start? Maybe Turkey/Syria in the 1300s at the time of the Crusades… to see for myself the realities of all sides – Seljuks, Templars, Crusaders, Orthodox, Jews, … all with their own “truth” of what really happened.
- Have you ever traveled out of the country? If so, where? Yes. I have been blessed to have travelled the world, except for Africa, which I have not yet been to or Antartica.
- Would you ever bungee-jump!? No.
- Cats or Dogs? Both. How could I possibly choose?
- Name your favorite dessert. Gluten free lemon merengue pie.
- What is your favorite song and why? Really? You are going to make me choose? Right now – Disturbed “The Sound of Silence“. But I’ve had many songs throughout the years!
I hereby nominate the following bloggers to receive the Sunshine Blogger Award:
- Ekaterina Crawford – Ekaterina’s Chronicles
- Sarah Whalen – Real Food 4 Life
- Samantha Dee – My big fat blog
- Jessica Ruiz – All For Myself
- Nyxie’s Nook
- My Anxious Life
- The Ray Journey
- Realistic Optimism
- The Gutz Life
- Emily – That Weird Girl Life
- Coffee and Florida Sunsets
Bonus nomination: Steve Alexander – Fed Up of Being Poor
11 new questions:
- When did you start blogging? What kick-started you?
- Best friend in primary school? Do you still keep in touch?
- You can live anywhere in the world: desert, tropics or 4 seasons?
- Do your friends and family know about your blogging?
- Where would you love to go on holiday just with your 3-4 best friends?
If you have written a book – what is it? If not, what would you write about? Does it have a title yet?
- Where is the most exotic place you have ever lived?
- If there was one vegetable or fruit that you had to include in every single meal (for life), what would it be?
- You have a farm: horses or alpacas? Why?
- Do you play music in the background while writing? What type of music?
- How do you use social media?
- Three random facts.
Have fun! I hope you enjoy this as much as I have!
Thanks again to Denise & Brenda for their nominations! I hope you enjoy reading this and other blog posts!